I love baking, especially when it’s for someone else. I made a date with my mother to scrapbook with her. We meet once a week to actively continue a scrapbook we started once my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. But I always see her more than once a week. I decided I would bring some goodies we could eat during our craftying! This recipe is no bake! Yes its true. I’m making peanut butter chocolate cheesecake bars! This recipe doesn’t call for any eggs at all so no need for the oven! If you know desserts, cheesecake is served cold. Cheesecake has a specific texture, in which you have to make sure the cream cheese you use for your recipe is at room temperature. There is not need to stick a thermometer in it, but definitely touch it and see if it is soft. The best part of the cheesecake in my opinion is the crust. The crust is made of graham crackers and butter. The next time I make this recipe, I’ll make an Oreo crust! Stay tuned! The middle layer has the cheesecake peanut butter sweetness. The top layer will have the sweet chocolate layer to sandwich everything together. The secret to keeping the layers to form together evenly is to sit each layer in the freezer for an hour at a time. My mother loved these and so did my boyfriend Jeremy. Enjoy these Peanut Butter Chocolate No-Bake Cheesecake Bars & make sure to share with someone!
- 2 Cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 Cups melted butter
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 Cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 Cup pasteurized heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix graham crackers & melted butter together. Set aside. Prepare a 8×8 greased pan. Pat the mixer on the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Put in freezer for one hour for the crust to set.
*Tip* I used another pan the same size to even the layer.
2. While the crust is in the freezer, combine cream cheese, sugar, & creamy peanut butter. Mix until smooth. Once combined all together, pour on top of crust. Put in freezer for one hour.
*Tip* Banging the pan on the counter will level the layer & eliminate bubbles, which will eliminate air bubbles.
3. Combine chocolate & heavy whipping cream. Melt in microwave for 30 seconds exactly. Mix until nice & smooth. Mix powdered sugar to the chocolate. Spread right on top of the peanut butter cheesecake layer. Put in freezer for two hours.
*Tip* Don’t heat chocolate too long because that will harden tour chocolate. It will also burn your chocolate, which won’t taste good.
4. Slice with a knife that is dipped in hot water. Before cutting again, cleaning the knife is necessary. This will help keep the layers clean & not destroy the layers.
Everybody whom I shared my dessert with enjoyed it. Miss Cleo loved the way they smelled! If you decide to make these, please share a final product photo to share with me! It would make my heart smile!